Neurobion Forte Tablet is used for the prevention and treatment of Vitamin B deficiencies. B vitamins are water-soluble vitamins, which means the excess of these vitamins gets excreted from the body through urine. The deficiency of B vitamins in the body can put you at risk of anemia, weakness (or fatigue), weight loss, frequent mouth ulcers, tingling sensation in limbs, headache, dementia or memory problems, depression, confusion, hair loss, poor immune function, dry skin, liver problems, and kidney problems.
It is a multivitamin supplement that contains Vitamin B-complex and its variants such as Vitamin B1 (Thiamine mononitrate), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), and Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin). Also known as B-complex vitamins, these vitamins play a crucial role in numerous body functions such as metabolism of nutrients, red blood cell production, nervous system functioning, and skin health.
The use of this tablet may also help strengthen the immune function, maintain healthy skin and hair, improve metabolism, and promote liver and nervous system function. You should not take more or use it for longer than recommended.
Neurobion Forte Tablet is generally safe with little or no side effects. If you are taking any other medications or diet supplements, it is best to inform your doctor to avoid drug interaction. Apart from taking this medicine, learn about the food sources of Vitamin B-complex so that you can get enough of these vitamins through diet as well.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine mononitrate): 10 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 10 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide): 45 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate): 50 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride): 3 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin): 15 mcg
Key uses of Neurobion Forte Tablet:
- Treats Vitamin B-complex deficiency and keeps the level of these vitamins well-balanced
- Helps in maintaining the overall health of bones, joints, and cartilage, making it useful in treating arthritis
- Provides effective relief from mouth ulcers
- Helps in reducing neuropathic pain
- Reduces the effects of depression
- Helps in maintaining the levels of all essential nutrients in the body
Directions for use:
Take one tablet daily or as directed by the physician. Neurobion forte can be taken along with paracetamol if required. This medicine is to be taken by mouth. Check the label for directions before taking it. Take it with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time. If it upsets your stomach, take it with food. Do not take it more often than directed.
Quick tips for Neurobion Forte Tablet:
- Have a healthy diet loaded with essential nutrients.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine.
- Read the label carefully before use, and do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tablet.
- Always use this medicine under medical supervision.
Side-effects of Neurobion Forte Tablet:
These tablets are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor’s recommendation. However, when taken in a higher dose it may cause certain side effects such as:
- Excessive urination
- Nerve damage
- Loss of control of body movements
Some of these symptoms improve gradually upon discontinuation of the tablet.
Key benefits of Neurobion Forte Tablet:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) helps produce certain neurotransmitters and carry out multiple enzyme processes. A deficiency of Vitamin B1 can lead to beriberi, nerve degeneration, and loss of appetite.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) plays a key role in the breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats to produce energy. It is also involved in antioxidant activity, as a cofactor for the enzymes and metabolism of other vitamins like Vitamin B6, niacin, and Vitamin K.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) is essential for coenzyme activation, tissue respiration, and synthesis of macromolecules.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenate) is needed for the synthesis of enzymes that form an integral part of various metabolic pathways such as carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) helps in improving metabolism, burning more calories, strengthening immunity, and supporting the function of the nervous system. Its deficiency may cause anemia and peripheral neuropathy. Since humans cannot produce Vitamin B6, it should be obtained from the diet.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) strengthens the nervous system and aids in DNA synthesis and maturation. It helps in converting homocysteine to methionine which plays an essential role in protecting the heart. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can lead to megaloblastic anemia and some neurological problems.